Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grilled Vegetables
















Grilled Vegetables

  • eggplant
  • asparagus spears
  • zucchini
  • yellow squash
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper
I snapped this picture with my phone at a recent barbeque and decided to share it here.  Warm weather is perfect for grilling and as far as I'm concerned, grilling vegetables could not be easier or more delicious.  This is a true statement; don't attempt to refute it!  Sometimes it truly is the simplest things that are the most satisfying, and I believe this fits into that category.  All I did was mix up (in a small bowl) the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to use as a seasoning for the veggies. I thinly sliced each vegetable (except for the asparagus---duh!), placed them on the grill, and brushed them lightly with the dressing mixture.  They spent about 10-15 minutes on the grill and less than that on my plate since I promptly devoured it all, quickly going back to grill up some more. 

Additionally (and not pictured), I made myself a grilled veggie sandwich by placing some of the grilled eggplant and zucchini onto a whole wheat hamburger bun, adding a little lettuce, tomato, and a spread of hummus for flavor and to serve as a nice binding element.  A big, deserved thank you to mother nature for making so many awesome, delectable vegetables that I was able to stuff my face for one solid, grill-filled afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment