Saturday, February 12, 2011

Awesome and Easy Edamame




















Awesome and Easy Edamame

  • 1 bag frozen edamame 
  • salt
  • 1 medium sized pot 


Making edamame at home is really simple and cost effective.  Plus, whenever I order edamame out at a restaurant, I always want more.  Making it at home means there is no one there to judge me for eating all the edamame without sharing.  Sweet!  These guys are so addicting!

I bought a bag in the freezer aisle at Whole Foods.  It looks like this:





















To cook them up, all you will need to do is boil a pot of water on the stove.  I usually just fill the pot to about 3/4 full.  Once the water is boiling, add in the frozen edamame.  In about 5 minutes, it will be ready.  The color should be a bright green; if you overcook them, the color will be somewhat muted and the edamame will be limp.  You want them to look fresh and inviting!

Next, drain the water (use a spaghetti strainer) and toss the edamame in a big bowl and sprinkle on some salt (your preference on how much, but I don't like them too salty).  I use sea salt and would recommend that for most of your cooking.  After that, you're done! See? It really is awesome and easy.  Time to eat!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I was making sushi and needed a side dish. These really were fast, easy, and delicious! I used Hawaiian salt, since I live in Hawaii. It worked great.

    ReplyDelete