Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tempeh Vegetable Curry





















Tempeh Vegetable Curry

  • curry sauce (I used Trader Joes)
  • mixed vegetables (any kind)
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1 small onion
  • tempeh 


This isn't the best picture, but I think I was too excited to start eating to take a decent photograph.  You get the idea though.  Making this requires minimum effort...score!  First, make the brown rice and set it aside as you're cooking.  If you can multi-task, make the rice at the same time as the rest of the meal.  Now, I did not make the curry sauce from scratch, and instead opted to use a jar of Trader Joe's curry sauce.  I love curry and I don't want to mess it up, so using a pre-made sauce worked best for my current cooking skills.  If you know how to make curry sauce, or you have a recipe you want to try, go for it.  If you go my route, then this what you need to do. Chop an onion and add to a medium-sized pan.  On a medium-high heat, add the curry sauce to the pan and allow it to cook with the onions.  Next, cut the tempeh into bite sized pieces and add that into to the sauce.  Simmer and saute for about 5 minutes, then add in your vegetables.  These are just frozen mixed vegetables I bought at the grocery store.  I'm a fan of stocking up on frozen veggies to have on hand, especially in the winter months.  Allow the tempeh and vegetables to work their magic with the curry sauce and in about ten minutes you are done.  Grab a plate, spoon some curry on top of the rice, and chow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment